These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies are soft, delicious and celebrate the perfect flavors of fall. Pumpkin puree replaces the eggs, brown butter adds a nice rich nutty flavor, bean-to-bar chocolate makes this spin on the classic always shine bright, and the fall spice wraps the entire recipe in a cozy blanket of flavor. So let's get to it!
Up First: BROWN BUTTER
Brown butter is not only delicious, but it's easy to make and will make ~anything~ that calls for butter better (especially when combining with chocolate!) I like to throw a few sticks in a pan, and keep it in the refrigerator to have on hand.
Brown Butter Directions:
Place butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and begin whisking. Stir as it bubbles, and after 2-3 minutes or so until you see brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan. Brown butter can burn easily, so keep an eye on it, and once it's light brown, remove it from the heat and pour it into a bowl to cool and stop cooking. That's it!
Brown Butter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted brown butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped Snacking Chocolate - pick your favorite variety: Costa Rica (dark and rich with a twist), Haiti (balanced), Ecuador (nutty), Ghana (fudgy).Flakey sea salt for garnish
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, white sugar and melted brown butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and mix just until smooth, and all dry ingredients have been fully incorporated.
- Fold in the the chopped chocolate until fully dispersed.
- Scoop the dough into 8 cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, add them to the oven set to about 350 F and bake for about 11 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned. (Baking times may vary from oven to oven).
Enjoy the delicious, cozy flavors of fall with every bite. Crafting these cookies with Harvest Snacking Chocolate will make them even more special and take your baking up a notch. If you're looking for the perfect chocolate to use in this recipe, be sure to check out Harvest Snacking Chocolate - we ship nationwide!