Before Harvest Chocolate ...
As you may know, before there was Harvest Chocolate, my husband Matt and I worked in fine dining restaurants across the country including Chicago, New York City, Napa and San Francisco. Matt worked on the savory side and I worked on the pastry side. To this day, when we are at home, Matt does most of the cooking, and I stick to the baking.
However, when we flip sides: good things happen! This chocolate brownie recipe that we are sharing here is Matt's go-to recipe and it's so easy and delicious that I promise you won't need any other recipe.
Classic dark chocolate brownies that are both cakey and fudgy with a crackly top.
The key of course is to always use good quality chocolate so your brownies can really shine. Our Snacking Chocolate is perfect for just that --storing away in your baking cupboard for anytime you need a snack -- or when you need it to be the star ingredient of whatever chocolatey goodness you are baking. These chocolate chunks come in four different varieties (Haiti, Costa Rica, Ecuador, or Ghana), each with a different flavor profile, so you can stick to a classic recipe, yet change up the chocolate depending on what you're feeling that day!
- 3 ounces Harvest Snacking Chocolate - Haiti, Costa Rica, Ecuador, or Ghana (pick your favorite variety!)
- 8 ounces (1 stick) of Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate and butter together, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, and mix just until combined.
- With a whisk, add the eggs one at a time and whisk just until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt, and using a spatula, fold just until the flour is incorporated and smooth. Key: don't over mix, so stop folding once you no longer see traces of flour.
- Pour into your 8 inch pan, and gently smooth until even.
- Bake about 20 - 30 minutes or until the center is just barely set.
Enjoy the chocolatey goodness of these brownies! Baking these brownies with Harvest Snacking Chocolate will make them even more special and take your baking up a notch. If you're looking for the perfect chocolate to use in this recipe, be sure to check out Harvest Snacking Chocolate - we ship nationwide!